So, a week ago monday (August 11, 2008) I went back to the oral torture surgeon for the next stage of my tooth drama for the implant portion of the nightmare. If you recall, in March I had a tooth, previously root-canaled, go terribly wrong and abscess, which led to emergency removal. It was not a good thing, worst-case scenario type of situation (see post: http://thefamilygee.blogspot.com/2008/04/when-momma-aint-happy.html for details).
So the next step was to put in the implant, which basically is a screw, drilled into my jaw (yes, I saw the drill, yikes!!!) which they will eventually build a crown for. Fortunately, they knock you out for this part too, and give you good pain meds to follow up with. Here is the result, this is an x-ray they apparently took right after the surgery. I have no recollection of taking an x-ray after surgery, I know you have to stand for this kind of x-ray. All I remember is waking up with Bryan by my side, listening to girl in the next curtain-cubie over barfing her guts out.
Yep, that's my mouth! Pretty. Awaiting the next bill, donations accepted!:-)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Dental Catastrophe: Part Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have been so happy with my dental implant, and I have had it for seven years. The main drawback is the expense! I know they are so pricey. Sorry for that part!
why did you not tell us you were having this done?? I would have brought dinner over for the fam and Ben and Jerry's for you.
thanks for the offer muriel. didn't think to tell anyone, almost forgot about it. we were camping for 4 days before, got home the night before. I was lucky to have arranged a sitter to watch the kids. it was all a whirlwind!! i'm just glad it's over.
If you ever come down here and it's convenient we should do lunch! Hope the kiddos are liking school.
Ouch it looks painful!
WOW! that is a cool picture of your dental mouth. Gotta Love it in black and white. I'll pray that this never happens again for you. Hope it doesn't
Post a Comment