Now, I'm new to this whole Cub Scout thing, took me almost the first year to figure out what it was all about and what I needed to do to help Riley (and I'm still pretty clueless). He's really enjoying it though; he enjoys the accomplishment and getting awards. The Pack Meeting held in July, the same month as his birthday was exciting for Riley as he earned quite a few awards. If you look closely, there's even a smile on his face, in a few pics, a bit serious too. This month he received 2 "segments" for day camp, and an outing the den had done. He earned his swimming belt loop and pin (and is on fire to earn more of those), and finally his Wolf Award. He is also ready to get several arrows and a conservation award, but he'll get those next month.Earning his swimming belt loop and pin.
This is Riley and his friend, Grant. Grant lives about 3 houses down from us and will be in Riley's class at school this year in the 4th grade. Riley got his wolf, Grant had earned his Bear.
This is Riley pinning me with his Wolf pin.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
My little Cub Scout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I will be clueless also. I will be learning as I go with Tanner! You look like you know what you are doing. Riley looks great!
So awesome, they finally had the Pack Meeting. Your son looks so handsome in his Cub Scout Uniform. Cubs are so much fun, have lots of fun while he's in there. They grow up too fast and all of a sudden you have a Boy Scout and then an Eagle. Don't for get the Derby Races, they get the dad's all fired up.
Post a Comment