Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Knitting Project

So, I wanted to knit some baby booties for my sister in law who is having a baby in August. I found this pattern and knitted them up, and they turned out looking too big. I tried them on a friend's baby (thanks Muriel!!) and indeed they were too big. So I undid them all, used smaller needles, and reduced the pattern considerably. This is my second attempt, finished. Went back to try them on the baby, and yep! you guessed it: too small!! This baby is 5 months old, but still had little feet, they didn't fit at all. But we guessed, rather hope, that they'll fit a newborn baby. So they may only fit for a week, but you know what they say, it's the thought that counts! :-) I'll have to keep modifying the pattern until I like it better. So, this baby may get two pair, a tiny pair, and a pair that might actually fit!


No comments: